URTU Learning are delighted to offer our members living or working in Wales an exciting range of FREE online courses to support skills growth and professional development.
Powered by Staff Skills Training who offer a highly rated e-Learning platform, including:
- Engaging learning materials
- Easy to follow format
- Courses compatible with all major browsers and devices
- Diverse range of courses from short micro-learning video lessons to full length modular courses
- CPD accredited certificate on completion
- New course material regularly added
- Ongoing support
- A discount card when you start a course
David Turner has completed several courses with URTU E-Learning Academy. He talks about his experience in the Q&A session below.
- How did you find out about URTU E-Learning Academy?
I found out about URTU E-Learning Academy during a visit to the Biffa depot and from a poster on the notice board.
- What course have you completed and why?
The first course I completed was Dyslexia Awareness. I wanted to make myself more aware of the subject to offer appropriate support to my colleagues at work.
- How did you find the enrolment process?
The enrolment process is straightforward. Log-in details are sent to your email address and you follow simple instruction to access your course.
- How did you fit the studies into you daily life?
I wanted to learn and I competed several courses. Depending on the length of the course, I allocated between 30min to 1hr in the week. I am used to getting up early at the weekends, so I used my time off work to study instead.
- What is good about the courses?
I have been able to apply the new knowledge and skills in my day to day life, so the courses helped me personally and professionally, e.g. by learning how to manage conflict, deal with aggressive people or support people with beyond their ability to read and write. I have gained motivation to learn and confidence to deal with other people.
Some of the courses take less than one hour of your time to complete, but you still get recognition for your effort by receiving a certificate.
- What is challenging?
Willingness to learn can be an issue.
- Would you recommend this course to others?
I would recommend the system to others to achieve CPD accreditation for your learning. Studying helps to create positive changes in one’s behaviour, such as conflict management skills. You can also get a better insight into various issues and learn how to improve your self-awareness.
- How likely are you to progress onto another course?
There are a couple of courses on the learning system that I am considering. Once I have had a Wi-Fi installed, I will be in a position to start again.