Providing us with your data is necessary for URTU Learning to carry out its objectives. URTU Learning is the data controller for any personal data you provide.
All the information you provide will be stored and used in accordance with the current data protection legislation (the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This Privacy Notice sets out how the information collected from you will be used and who will have access to it.
Who will we share your information with and what will they use the information for?
We will not share your information with any third party outside of outside of our organisation, other than as set out below.
The Wales Union Learning Fund (WULF) who are part of our contractual funders which mean we will;
- Monitor and report on the number of people taking part in learning and the number of people from different groups being supported (e.g. different age, gender and ethnicity);
- Carry out the funding, planning, monitoring and inspection of learning;
- Produce statistical publications;
The Welsh Government (WG) who are the originating funders who the WULF hold/host contractual arrangements. This means they will require access to;
- Monitoring and reports on the number of people taking part in learning and the number of people from different groups being supported (e.g. different age, gender and ethnicity);
- Production of statistical and narrative publications;
Please be aware that your information is shared and used in the following ways;
- With auditors to assess whether the project has the correct governance and has followed the correct procedures;
- To link your records to other data sources held by WULF to facilitate research into the impact the project has had on those who took part. These data sources might include the course title, the course level, and any progression route travelled from an initial starting point.
- To help us understand the effectiveness of the scheme we may share your contact details with approved research organisation so that they can talk to you about your experiences. Not everyone who takes part in the project will be contacted. If you are contacted by researchers, the purpose of the interview will be explained to you in advance and you will be given the option not to be interviewed. The research organisations will delete your contact details once the research is complete. Research organisations may also be given access to anonymised data (versions of the data that don’t include personal identifiers like names or contact details) for the purpose of research, analysis or equal opportunities monitoring.
Security and Storage
URTU Learning follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information you have provided us. URTU Learning’s contractually required retention policy may require us to store your details in our files for 10 years. When/if we no longer need to retain your information, we will ensure it is disposed of securely.
The computers and standalone UK based servers in which we store your personal information are kept in a secure environment with high level biological and password security. Only licenced organisations are used to destroy old hardware units and these actions will be certified as secure.
Under the data legislation you have the right to:
- Access the personal data that we are processing about you;
- Rectify inaccuracies in that data;
- Object to or restrict processing (in certain circumstances);
- Request for your data to be erased (in certain circumstances);
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Complaints can be logged in the first instance with URTU Learning at;
United Road Transport Union
Almond House, Oak Green,
Stanley Green Business Park,
Tel: 0161 486 2108
Alternatively, if you wish to complain externally you can do so at;
Information Commissioner’s Office,
Tel: 01625 545 745
Fax: 01625 524 510