Being a trained union representative can make a real difference. They bring benefits to their colleagues, employers and wider community.
- Do you enjoy helping people?
- Do your colleagues look to you for advice and support?
- Could you talk to people about learning?
- Would you like to get more involved with your union and wider community?
Why not become an URTU Union Learning Representative (ULR)!
What is involved in becoming an URTU ULR?
- Talking to your work colleagues about learning.
- Finding out about their learning needs and interests.
- Talking to your employer about learning and training in the workplace.
What support will you receive?
- Full training is provided in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Reasonable paid time off from your employer to carry out your role.
- URTU Learning have a dedicated project team who will provide continuous support and guidance.
A report showed how union representatives significantly improve labour retention, and reduced absenteeism, with estimated savings to employers of between £72 and £143 million.
How to become a ULR?
Contact your URTU Learning project worker for further details, or fill in the attached enquiry form and a member of the project team will be in contact.